The Protected Areas Learning and Research Collaboration (PALRC) Launched at the World Parks Congress Sydney in November 2014
- PALRC had a permanent booth next to the IUCN bookshop – Booth 66.
- An e-poster was presented by PALRC Development Director Doug Humann and other PALRC and university representatives on Thursday 13 November, 12:15pm – 1:15pm at Touchscreen 1.
- “Side event” Information night on Thursday 13 November at 8:00 – 9:30 pm, Protected areas learning and research collaboration at the Skydeck. This was an information night from 8-9pm for prospective students and agencies/organisations interested in utilizing the courses of the PALRC. The Australian Minister for the Environment, The Hon Greg Hunt MP presentented from 9pm a funding announcement, following which there was opportunity for all PALRC committee members present at the WPC (and/or their delegates) to gather together for refreshments.
- PALRC Development Director Doug Humann was part of a workshop on the role of universities in protected area management led by Eduard Muller on Friday 14 November at 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm, A new paradigm for capacity development: the Global Partnership for Professionalizing Protected Area Management.
- PALRC Development Director Doug Humann was part of an interactive session on Saturday 15 November 15 at 7:00 – 8:00 am, A Resource Fair- Capacity development tools and partners for Formal and Informal training (Part 1). This was led by David Reynolds from USA Parks/IUCN.
- Launch on Saturday 15 November at 5.30 – 7.00 pm, IUCN Protected Area Governance and Management Book launch; Protected Area Learning and Research Collaboration (PALRC) launch at the Protected Planet Pavilion.